National French Fried Shrimp Day
Five Food Finds about Shrimp
- Every shrimp is born male, then some mature into females.
- It takes 2 pounds of wild fish to produce one pound of farmed shrimp.
- Shrimp is the favorite seafood of Americans.
- The “Pistol Shrimp” can fire water like a bullet from its claw, producing an incredibly loud pop.
- The “Ghost Shrimp” is transparent, and therefore practically invisible in the water.
Today’s Food History
1883 Laurence M. Klauber was born. Klauber was an American herpetologist and inventor who was a rattlesnake expert. If you want to know anything or everything about rattlesnakes, see his book ‘Rattlesnakes: Their Habits, Life Histories and Influence on Mankind.’
1913 The ‘New York World’ published the first crossword puzzle. Don’t forget to check the various Food theme Crosswords on the Food Reference Website!
1937 Walt Disney’s first full length animated film ‘Snow White and…
View original post 38 more words